Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Introductions Who’s Who Wednesday- Price Wooldridge

Tagged: ,

• Who’s Who Wednesday- Price Wooldridge

Posted by Dawn DeBois on September 30, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Today’s ‘Who’s Who Member Profile’ is my friend and fellow Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome patient, Price Wooldridge.

Dawn and Price Wooldridge at a LEMS patient speaking engagement in 2018.

As you recall, when I had to be out unexpectedly on medical  leave over the summer, Price agreed to help out in complete Price fashion- professionally, with great content and insight as a LEMS patient. I knew the forums were left in good hands when Price agreed to help Ashley out while I was gone. Thank you so much, Price.

[caption id="attachment_16878" align="alignnone" width="289"] Price with his sister Lisa during his “Opie” days. He loved the “Andy Griffith Show” so this pic is one of his favorites.[/caption]

I had the good fortune of meeting Price in Dallas, Texas, close to where he resides, at a LEMS patient advisory panel meeting we were both invited to.  I’ll always remember us sitting in the hotel restaurant right after we met. He was telling me about a recent situation that   he “just crashed” after doing a bit too much activity wise. As soon as he saw the look on my face he said “This is the first time I’ve talked with anyone that I know understands exactly what I’m describing! This is amazing”

[caption id="attachment_16871" align="alignnone" width="300"] Price’s sister Lisa (left), nephew Ron and Price.[/caption]

There is an instant kinship that happens when meeting another LEMS patient in person. Both Price and I feel fortunate to have met many through opportunities to share our insight and stories as LEMS patients. We both highly encourage all LEMS patients to get involved with patient meeting opportunities when the world opens back up again. Scholarships are often offered if the meeting isn’t sponsored. It can be challenging physically to travel; but resting the week prior and recovering the week after a patient meeting has always left me with great memories and added great new friends to my life. Price is just one of those great friends.

Throughout the past two plus years, Price and I have built a friendship around not just having LEMS but we both are the parents of sons in their 20’s (Price’s son Alex is 25), our mutual love  of music and we are always willing to give each other recommendations on good shows to watch or healthy meals to cook. Price even recommended a robotic vacuum when he knew I was having trouble keeping up with all of the vacuuming in my home.

[caption id="attachment_16872" align="alignnone" width="300"] Price and his son, Alex.[/caption]

Late last year, when plans were put into place to expand the Lambert-Eaton News Forums, I knew just who to recommend when asked who might be a good person to read the Lambert-Eaton News columns and articles for our Flash Briefings.  Price’s knowledge of the television production industry has made him an invaluable asset to the BioNews team. He doesn’t just read for the Lambert-Eaton News Flash Briefings, but he reads for the SMA News Today Flash Briefings as well.  He does an outstanding job; and we all know how challenging  our LEMS can be in regards to speech. For Price to take on both flash briefing roles shows just how dedicated Price is to helping out patient communities.

I featured Price last fall in a ‘LEMme Tell Ya’ Patient Stories In Their Own Words column. It’s a great read and I believe was one of my easiest pieces to go through the editorial process. Price is a professional through and through and we are so fortunate to have him here as a part of the Forums!

Ashley replied 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Lisa

September 30, 2020 at 5:04 pm

What a great article about Price!!

• Dawn DeBois

October 1, 2020 at 5:37 am

Thanks @lisa! It’s fun to do “top of mind” member profiles and not worry about editors!!  😉

It’s nice to see you in The Forums, too!

• Price Wooldridge

October 1, 2020 at 11:34 am

You are way too nice, Dawn.  Thanks for writing this.  We have had some interesting and also fun times, working with the LEMS community.

• Ashley

October 5, 2020 at 7:49 am

Thanks @dawn-debois 

for sharing this about @pricewool

I know he is a wonderful person and a dear friend to us both!