Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Autoimmune LEMS AIP friendly recipes

• AIP friendly recipes

Posted by Ashley on February 20, 2020 at 11:17 am

I know some of you are on autoimmune protocol diets and I would love to try some of your favorite recipes if you would be willing to share them!

Also, if you have any go-to snacks, I would love to hear those as well! I end up snacking most of the time at work because I don’t get a long lunch break and usually only have a few minutes to eat something quick!

Ashley replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Carmen Willings

March 5, 2020 at 2:41 am

I am SO sorry for my tardy response!!! I needed to put all my attention into other projects so I’m just now getting caught up! If you’re looking for a tasty snack, I love the Organic Plantain Chips with Himalayan Sea Salt! I find them at Sprouts or at Costco. I also found a recipe before Christmas for Christmas cookies and I have to admit I made too many…for many weeks. They are so good! I just make them into circles and don’t worry about frosting. Homemade gummy bears are yummy too! Healthier go-to snacks include carrots & celery and blueberries & blackberries. Here’s some favorite recipes that have been my go-to’s:

https://fedandfulfilled.com/turkey-apple-breakfast-hash/

https://unboundwellness.com/breakfast-sausage-chicken-poppers/

I can’t write them all now, but if you like curry, you’ll like this recipe. I did start adding cumin and coriander but those are not OK on the elimination phase so you can omit if needed.

1Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

2 garlic cloves, chopped

1 med. onion diced

1/2 Tbsp ground turmeric

1/2 Tbsp ground cumin **

1 Tbsp ground coriander **

1/2 tsp onion powder

1 bag of frozen cubed sweet potato (or cut up fresh)

2 celery stalks chopped

1/2 c. chopped scallions

1 c. water

1 tsp sea salt

1 organic chicken breast cooked and cut into bit size pieces

13 oz can of full fat coconut milk

Directions: Heat skillet over medium heat and coat pan with olive oil. Saute garlic until slightly brown. Add onion and cover and simmer until translucent. Stir in spices, coating onions then add the sweet potato, celery, scallions, water and salt. Simmer veggies until the sweet potatoes are soft. Add cooked chicken and coconut milk, continue to simmer to mix flavors.

I hope you enjoy!!! 🙂

• Ashley

March 5, 2020 at 9:49 am

Carmen,

Thank you for sharing! No worries, I know we all get busy sometimes and need a little time away, I know I’m guilty of this too. When you have a chance, can you send me the gummy bear recipe?

I am printing the other ones and going to make them next week or maybe this weekend!

• Carmen Willings

March 6, 2020 at 5:35 am

The gummy bears are so easy! I got molds for them on Amazon for around $10 I think. Here’s the recipe:

1/2 c. pure juice (no sugar and have fun with the flavors or even mix them!)

1 Tbsp honey (the good stuff)

2 Tbsp gelatin -I order mine from Amazon – get the real stuff! 😉

I also add a drop or 2 of essential oil to give it a stronger flavor (e.g. lemon, lime, wild orange, etc.)

Heat the juice until light boil in saucepan. Turn down heat to lowest setting and add honey and blend but don’t over-cook or you’ll cook off the good properties. Add gelatin and blend. Add a drop or two of EO. Use a dropper to suck up the liquid and transfer to mold. Refrigerate for 15+ minutes and they pop right out! Enjoy! 🙂

• Dawn DeBois

March 6, 2020 at 8:51 am

@carmen-fennell-willings, Welcome back! You’ve been missed; but we totally understand. Those recipes look amazing. I’m going to have to try making the gummies. Please keep sharing!!!

• Carmen Willings

March 6, 2020 at 6:00 pm

Thanks, Dawn! Missed you all too. I had to put all my focus into preparing for a trip/workshop presentation and related projects. Here’s some more of my AIP favorites for you to try:

AIP Sweet Apple Breakfast Sausage

• 1 lb ground turkey
    • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp thyme
    • 1/4 tsp ginger
    • 1/4 tsp sea salt
    • 1 green apple chopped into small pieces
    • 2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
    • 1/4 c. chicken bone broth

Cook meat with spices and oil in a large pan. When cooked through, add spices and green apple and broth. Cover and simmer until apple is soft and it has thickened.

AIP “Scarborough Fair” Breakfast Poppers

• 2-3 slices of no-nitrite turkey bacon, diced
    • 1 clove chopped garlic
    • 1 tsp rosemary
    • 1/2 tsp thyme
    • 1 lb ground turkey
    • 1 c. shredded sweet potato
    • 1/2 c. spinach finely chopped
    • 1/2 c. diced apple
    • 2 Tbsp of coconut oil (or ghee if you can tolerate)
    • 2 Tbsp coconut or cassava flour
    • 1 tsp ground sage
    • 1/2 tsp sea salt
    • 1/2 tsp parsley

Preheat oven to 400 and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cook turkey bacon with garlic, rosemary and thyme until cooked through but not overly crispy. Set mixture aside.  Take raw sweet potato and shred it (you can substitute carrots if you prefer). Mix ground turkey, sweet potato, spinach, apple, and bacon mixture.  Add flour, coconut oil and seasonings and combine. Roll into balls and place on prepared sheet. Bake 25-28 minutes or more depending on size.

AIP Banana Breakfast Cookies

• 1/2 c. cassava flour
    • 1/3 c. coconut flour
    • 1/4 c. collagen peptides (I use Vital Proteins)
    • 1 Tbsp gelatin
    • 1/2 tsp baking soda
    • 1 or 2 bananas mashed (depends on final texture you prefer! – approximately 3/4 c. – 1 c. )
    • 1/2 c. warmed coconut butter
    • 1/4 c. coconut oil melted and cooled
    • 1/4 c. maple syrup (the real stuff – not pancake syrup)
    • 1 Tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar (depends on your preference)

Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375. Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl. Whisk together wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Gradually add dry ingredients and fold together without over mixing. I like to use a melon scoop to make balls on the prepared sheet – it will give nice crisp ridges that make it even more delicious! Bake 12 minutes or more until golden brown. Enjoy!

• Ashley

March 9, 2020 at 12:34 pm

Carmen,

Awesome! The gummy bear recipe sounds really good and easier than I thought it would be! I will definitely have to try them one day soon! Thank you again! Feel free to continue sharing any recipes you like!