• tescha

January 19, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Hello,  I enrolled catalyst pathway patient assistant program 3 weeks ago since my insurance won’t cover the Firdapse.  My experience so far has been very good.  I had a meeting in my hometown with the patient access liaison who gave additional information.    My neurologist wanted me on firdapse for 1 month before starting IVIG immunoglobulin therapy.   Does most LEMs patients start with firadpse before IVIG?

• dawn-debois

January 19, 2020 at 7:29 pm

Hi Tescha,

I’m glad Catalyst Pathways has been helpful for you! The PALS are a great asset to the treatment team.

I think that for most patients, Firdapse is first line therapy before going to immunomodulation with IVIg or immunosuppression. I do know patients who are only on Firdapse or only on Firdapse and Mestinon. If a patient is in a crisis, then the neuro may go for the “big guns” right out of the gate with IVIG. Journaling how the medicine affects you and your symptoms based on the dose you are taking will be helpful for your neuro to assess how things are going.

Good luck to you! Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

• joanne-evans

June 29, 2020 at 3:21 pm

Hello from canada. I have been taking firdapse (ruzurgi) for three weeks. I have a slight increase in my strength with my walking. I am thinking of taking mestinon with it. Does anyone else find this helpful?

An word on this medication being approved in our country yet?

• marym

February 25, 2021 at 12:02 pm

I see the prices for Firdapse in USA. I could never afford it

• price-wooldridge

February 25, 2021 at 6:39 pm

Mary, Catalyst Pharmaceuticals works with patients to provide patients prescribed Firdapse by their physician with assistant through insurance or other sources to help pay for the medication. I can guarantee you, almost no one can pay for any of these medications at their list prices.
      They have a website, Firdapse.com where more information is available.

• joanne-evans

February 25, 2021 at 1:42 pm

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Where do you live Mary?</p>
    Canada has recently approved ruzuri/firdspse for use in Canada and I am now getting it free

• Ashley

February 26, 2021 at 8:41 am

@joanneevans

That’s awesome!! I’m so glad that worked out for you! 🙂