• Staying positive

Posted by Ashley on April 28, 2020 at 1:40 pm

Hey all!

I know this time can seem overwhelming at times, especially if you are truly following social distancing guidelines like me.

What are some things that have been positive for you during this time?

I have been happy to be able to spend a lot of time in my back yard planting and cleaning up my yard! I was able to clear a whole corner of ivy that the previous owners let take over part of my yard. I’ve almost been here a year and kept putting it off because the project seemed overwhelming. I finished it after working on it for a couple of weekends with breaks and am really relieved to have it done! If I wasn’t social distancing, I probably would have put it off to be more social with friends so I’m thankful that I had a reason to get motivated to complete it!

Ashley replied 4 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Dawn DeBois

April 28, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Hi @ashleygregory757! I’m proud of you for getting that huge job done!  It always feels good to complete a project like that- and usually dreading doing it or getting side tracked with other social events keeps it knawing at the back of our minds. I can’t wait until it warms up here in Maine more consistently because I have a few yard projects to work on myself.

I started veggie seedlings to plant at the end of the  month. It actually was more relaxing than I imagined it would be wetting the soil, counting the seads,  and organizing the seedling tray with lables of what I was planting. I’ve really limited my shopping time so I am missing fresh veggies- they don’t last for the full two weeks between store trips. So, I’m very much looking forward to having my own fresh cukes, tomatoes, peas, lettuce and more! If it wasn’t for COVID, I can guarentee you I wouldn’t have started seedlings.  I’ll keep you all posted on the gardening adventure!

• Ashley

April 29, 2020 at 1:03 pm

Dawn,

Thank you! It was definitely nice to not have to worry about it anymore, although  I still have a 4 ft. pile of brush/limbs/sticks I need to get removed or carry to the street at some point.

I have a few more yard projects I have in mind, but I will need more help with them.

That sounds awesome, I’m contemplating planting a few veggies as well! Can’t wait to hear how they do!