Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Treating LEMS IVIG and Plasmapheresis Transitioning from IVIG to Sub Q Immunoglobulin!

Tagged: , ,

• Transitioning from IVIG to Sub Q Immunoglobulin!

Posted by Dawn DeBois on January 14, 2020 at 9:00 am

This is a very exciting week for me!  It’s my last week of having IVIG! I was able to gain approval from my insurance to transition to Sub Q, gettting my immunoglobulin treatment via Hizentra! You can see a couple of things from my video I took prior to going in for my last “first day” of treatment. First thing I notice is all of the pauses while talking, thinking of what I was going to say. If you know me in real life, you know that I don’t have to pause and think unless my LEMS is starting to flare back up. The type N antibodies slow down my grain (the acetylecholine release is being blocked in my brain from my antibodies building back up and attacking). The second thing is my relief at my entire life being no longer dictated by my IVIG schedule- times at the clinic, recovery time, and then downslide prior to going back.  I am counting 12 days I’m going to get back with this transition! Have you ever considered switching to Sub Q? What would you want to know before making the switch?

Dawn DeBois replied 4 years, 3 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.