Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums COVID-19 and LEMS Where Are You On Your COVID-19 Vaccine Booster?

• Where Are You On Your COVID-19 Vaccine Booster?

Posted by price-wooldridge on May 24, 2022 at 1:46 pm

Today I got into the VA for my second Moderna COVID-19 booster vaccination. My previous shot was in November of last year, so being just over six months ago, it was time. Did I need that second booster? Here’s the guidance provided by the CDC in a press release on March 29, 2022.

Based on the criteria outlined by the CDC, it was recommended that I receive a second booster. It couldn’t come at a better time too, because I’ll be flying again in about seven weeks, and attending a conference where I’ll be around many other people, including some fellow LEMS patients. A little renewed protection is welcome.

Where are you on your COVID-19 boosters? Did you get the first and/or second booster? And do you plan to get one? Let us know in the comments!

dcarpenter replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • david1949

May 24, 2022 at 2:45 pm

I have had 3 full moderna shots and one booster. I am due for another booster but can’t get it until I can ride in car again after cervical spine surgery last week.

• price-wooldridge

May 24, 2022 at 3:17 pm

@dpmitnick Ah, yes I remember you’re just off recent surgery. We hope your recovery goes as quickly and successfully as you expect it to.
      A friend of mine has just come off spine surgery and has mobility issues he is dealing with. He’s in PT and using a walker to this point.
      Hopefully you are able to travel soon and get that next booster!

• dcarpenter

June 29, 2022 at 3:53 pm

I have had the Pfizer vaccinations with two boosters,  My neurologist is now suggesting my taking the Evusheld injection at least one month following my last booster, because I am on IVIG immunosuppression.  Has anyone taken this or discussed it with their doctors?  thanks Deborah