Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Living With LEMS A Positive Mindset and LEMS

• A Positive Mindset and LEMS

Posted by Price Wooldridge on May 8, 2022 at 8:05 pm

It’s safe to say, I think, that none of us escape stress in our lives. It’s just there, always. We know stress is not good for us in general and especially when we have Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome. Stress leads to more inflammation, heart attacks, and increased vulnerability to infections and diseases.

As a refresher, here is the four-pronged approach to managing STRESS in our daily lives.

The first topic I tackled was “Get Moving!” You can read it HERE.

The second topic I posted was “Watch What You Eat.” You can read it HERE.

The third topic I posted was “De-stressing, Sleep, and LEMS”. You can read it HERE.

Now, let’s “Maintain a Positive Mindset.” You may say Nay, but I say Yay. You can work on a positive mindset to manage stress. Being in a positive mindset doesn’t mean that the stressors ‘magically’ disappear.. Life is life and we can’t ignore reality. We aren’t making light of our problems. We’re just using proven techniques to help us reduce the underlying stress and its impact on our immune systems and core health.

Here are a few Pro Tips:

– Hang with positive people more and negative people less. Take a personal inventory of those you associate with frequently and take stock of those that inspire and lift you up. One of the most important lessons I’ve reinforced recently: friends lift each other up. True friends don’t criticize and tear you down. Be with friends who are positive and supportive.

– Read books, listen to podcasts, and consume other media which you find inspirational, motivational, and uplifting. When I was working on my diet to be more healthy, I read a couple of books by Dr. Andrew Weil, MD, on diet, supplements, and remedies. He was fantastic in his television specials for PBS. Maybe your finances are causing you big-time stress. Go find a great, inspirational book on finance. They’re out there by Robert Kyosaki, Suzy Orman, and others. Maybe you need to clean up your productivity and get some self-help inspiration. Read the “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey! I have, and I’ve also attended the seminar series twice. If not the 7 Habits, there are other books and recordings out there you can search for.

– If you are able, consider a life coach, trainer, or counselor to help you with self-improvement or getting through extra stressful periods.
    Everything we’ve talked about in these four topics should be doable for most of us. This is your call to action! There’s an English proverb of murky origin that says, “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.” It’s not enough to simply ‘mean’ to do well; we have to ‘take action’ to do well. Let’s do it!

Do you have anything specific that works for you that helps you cope with stress in your life?

Price Wooldridge replied 1 year, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.