Lambert-Eaton News Forums Forums Diagnosed: What now? Do you have mouth sores?

• Wanda Grischkowsky

October 8, 2023 at 6:30 pm

Yes, I experience mouth sores. Once I was prescribed a medication for them.

• Ashley

October 10, 2023 at 12:17 pm

Hi Wanda,

Thanks for sharing! Do you remember what medication helped you?

• Desiree Taliancich

October 10, 2023 at 2:33 pm

Ms Ashley! yes! I get blisters or most often canker sores, approx once monthly and they last about a week. Super duper painful. this last time I purchased Dentemp Canker Cover patches. They absolutely worked! I applied them before bedtime and had almost no pain the next morning then again the following night and they went away very quickly. more than anything, it relieved the pain almost instantly. My sores literally cause pain in my jaw that radiates up the side of my head.

• Ashley

October 11, 2023 at 11:03 am

Hey Desiree!

Thanks for sharing! I’m sorry you have them as well! They are definitely quite painful for me too. I haven’t tried canker cover patches, but I’ll have to grab some the next time I have one.

• Kerri

October 11, 2023 at 3:57 pm

Hi, Yes, I get mouth sores. My doctors call them mouth “ulcers” and they are painful. I have never taken anything for them. They seem different to me than the canker sores I got as a kid.

• Ashley

October 16, 2023 at 8:37 am

Hey Kerri!

So sorry you suffer with these too! 🙁

• Kerri

December 15, 2023 at 11:19 pm

Hi Ashley,

I haven’t been on this site in a while, so I am sorry I didn’t get back to you. The mouth sores come and go, but now that I am on Truxima and IVIG, they are so less frequent and painful. I hope you are finding treatment that works and feeling well for the holidays. It’s not easy, but LEMS surely makes me grateful for the little things, family at the holidays among them! I really like the Facebook LEMS group as well, for questions and support. Just found that earlier this month.

• David1949

October 13, 2023 at 2:15 pm

We have found that Glyoxide works for mouth sores. Used to purchase at Walmart now we only find on line (we shop at Amazon).

• Ashley

October 16, 2023 at 8:37 am

David, Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to try that next time!

• Deborah Carpenter

October 20, 2023 at 3:24 pm

Yes, esp. on lips, seemingly for no apparent reason. I use Burts Bee Rapid Rescue OTC.